These terms and conditions regulate and govern all visitor’s entry and visit to the Marble Arch Mound (the “Mound”), the exhibition and/or its premises within and around the Marble Arch and the East Island. For the purpose of this document, the above locations will be referred to together as the ‘Marble Arch Mound Domain’.
1. Marble Arch Mound (“the Mound”) is a temporary structure owned by Westminster City Council, the “WCC” located at East Island, Marble Arch, London, W1H 7DX.
2. The Mound site and events at it are operated on behalf of WCC by its agent the McKenzie Arnold Group Limited (“MAG”) a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09431848 with a registered office at 10-12 Mulberry Green Harlow CM17 0ET.
3. The sale of tickets to the Mound site and events is administered by See Tickets on behalf of WCC. For all ticket purchases, See Tickets will be the responsible contractual party as agent of WCC. This responsibility includes: refunds, chargebacks, cancellations and dispute resolution. In the event that a dispute is raised, See Tickets will offer the first line of support.
See Tickets Terms and Conditions are set out here, https://marblearchmound.seetickets.com/content/terms-and-conditions
4. Where the context requires hereinafter “WCC” will be deemed to include its agent MAG and/or See Ticket as appropriate.
5. CCTV Cameras are operational on site, which have been installed for the purpose of Crime Prevention, Security and Health & Safety. The CCTV System is managed in compliance with the CCTV Code of Practice issued by the Office of Information Commissioner for users of public area CCTV Systems.
6. WCC has control over admission to the Marble Arch Mound Domain and individual venues/event areas within it.
7. Tickets can be booked in person at the venue. For online bookings, a valid e-ticket is required for such admission to the Mound and this should be presented on a mobile device or can be printed prior to arrival. Except where WCC are unable to provide entry to the venue due to circumstances outside the control of WCC or its agents, and/or as governed by the See Tickets terms and conditions referred above. Any use of duplicate tickets will not be valid, and entry will not be permitted.
8. Admission will be granted upon proof of booking and if tickets are not valid or have already been used then admission will be refused. Online booking information will be verified by surname and postcode upon arrival, and if authenticated visitors will be allowed access.
9. A person aged 4 to 16 years is classed as a child; and a person older than 17 years is classed as an adult.
10. Guests under 15 must be accompanied by a Guardian 18 years or older whilst visiting the Marble Arch Mound Domain and shall remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
11. Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on the Marble Arch Mound Domain except for guide dogs, hearing dogs and registered assistance dogs.
12. Tickets booked are for personal use only and are subject to a maximum per transaction of ten persons.
13. Admission is free of charge but is subject to capacity on the Mound.
14. WCC will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Mound is open for use by visitors during its normal opening hours. However, WCC reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close all, or parts of, the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
In the event of closure of the Mound itself, WCC will contact any visitor whose visit is cancelled, but otherwise shall have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of closure of part or all of the Mound.
15. The Mound is an all-weather attraction and will remain open other than in extreme conditions and circumstances which WCC reasonably believe makes it unsafe for visitors. In the event that the Mound has to close for weather or other reasons, WCC will contact any visitor with a booked ticket.
16. Ticket holders for the Mound (including disabled guests and groups and schools) must arrive at the entrance to the queue line at the time printed on the ticket if booked online. Tickets can also be booked in person at the venue for a select time slot.
17. For any queries about tickets contact See Tickets customer service at https://marblearchmound.seetickets.com/customerservice
18. WCC reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from the Marble Arch Mound Domain, without any explanation, this includes but is not limited to any person who:
a. is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
b. has behaved in a manner which or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
c. has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards WCC staff or other Customers
d. or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
e. climbs or stands upon fences, barriers, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, exhibits or any other buildings at the Attraction,
f. enters or attempts to enter any part of the Attraction which is a restricted or prohibited area as determined by WCC including staff areas; or queue jumps;
g. is planning to bring/or has brought any items, including flags, banners, clothing or promotional materials, which has, or is likely to cause offence in anyway or impact the experience of other visitors.
h. is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
19. The Marble Arch Mound operates a THINK 25 policy. Any visitor who appears to be under 25 years old without suitable photographic ID will not be served alcohol during Private Events. Alcohol will not be sold during normal opening hours.
20. It is prohibited for an individual to take into the Marble Arch Mound Domain any objects with a sharp point or sharp edge capable of being used to cause serious injury, any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles, flammable liquids or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
21. Smoking, including e-cigarettes and ‘vaping’, is strictly prohibited in any area of the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
22. The consumption of alcohol on site is prohibited except in authorised places and in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003.
23. The use of illegal substances (drugs) and/or legal highs are strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances and/or legal highs will be refused admission or removed from the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
24. No food or beverage of any nature, save drinking water in refillable bottles may be consumed on the Marble Arch Mound itself, or in the queue line and security areas leading to the Mound without express permission of WCC.
25. Unnecessary noise, (such as that from the use of radio sets, personal stereos and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other visitors or confusion of any kind is not permitted on or in the vicinity of the Marble Arch Mound Domain. This applies to both individuals and groups.
26. Attempts to interfere or damage The Mound including attempting to access the Mound Slopes.
27. Visitors will be allowed to carry bags and small backpacks with them through the experience; However no large backpacks over the size of 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20 cm) or other large equipment or similar will be allowed to be taken inside for security reasons. All bags will be subject to a visual check by security in line with the search policy in place, which is as part of the terms and conditions of access.
28. Visitors must keep their personal belongings with them at all times and WCC accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage to any personal belongings brought into the Attraction. Visitors are advised that there are no luggage facilities on site and therefore visitors must ensure that they carry their personal belongings and items with them at all times.
29. The CCTV is used to assist in the proper running of the Mound, however, WCC do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras. Subject Access to recorded images will be managed in accordance with the DPA and the CCTV Code of Practice, details of which can be obtained from the WCC Website. All items, belongings and other property brought into the Marble Arch Mound Domain by guests are at their own risk and WCC accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, it is recommended that visitors do not bring valuables to the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
30. Due to space constraints within the Marble Arch Mound Domain and in the interests of the safety and comfort of all visitors, if you require a buggy we advise on bringing a small foldable one which you can leave at your own risk in our buggy park.
Health and safety
31. The climb to the summit of the Marble Arch Mound is 134 steps, visitors must ensure that they use their own judgement as to whether or not they are safely able to undertake the climb.
32. Lift access will be available for visitors who require access. Wheelchair users can access the viewing platform via the lift. We are unable to permit mobility scooters onto the viewing platform due to the size of some scooters.
33. For the safety and comfort of all guests, suitable clothing, including a top and shoes, must be worn at all times whilst visiting any area of the Marble Arch Mound Domain. Visitors are advised that open-toe shoes such as sandals and flip-flops may create a trip hazard as they can catch on stair nosings. Open back shoes may also slip from feet. Shoes with thin high heels such as stilettos can get stuck on the viewing platform’s and stairs’ perforated metal decking. Individuals who choose to wear such items do so fully at their own risk.
34. For health and safety reasons (due to the topographical nature of the attraction), wheelchairs are the only transport device permitted within the attraction. For the avoidance of doubt, bicycles, scooters, e-scooters, hover-boards, roller-blades or similar devices are not permitted within the Mound.
35. Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from WCC ‘s negligence, WCC, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any visit undertaken and/or during evacuation from the Marble Arch Mound in the event of equipment failure, accident or incident.
36. In the interests of safety, visitors will be asked to submit to a search of their person or belongings and anyone refusing to submit or found to be in possession of materials believed by WCC to be dangerous or unsuitable will be denied entry or removed from the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
37. WCC further reserves the right to request visitors to submit to an electronic body scan and to screen any personal items as it deems appropriate. In addition, WCC may request visitors to remove items from their bags or person to be scanned separately including but not limited to belts, shoes, jacket, electrical items and liquids. Should a visitor refuse to cooperate with the requirements listed above, WCC reserves the right to refuse the visitor entry to the Mound.
38. It should be noted that the WCC may sometimes use specialist search equipment that omits a small magnetic field; this is harmless to the vast majority of people, however if you suffer from any medical condition or have been fitted with a medical device that your doctor advises should not be subjected to a scan, please bring this to the attention of a member of staff.
39. From time-to-time WCC or other authorised parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the Marble Arch Mound Domain, which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that WCC or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with WCC or such authorised party (as the case may be).
40. Unless it is expressly prohibited, you are permitted to take photographs and recordings within the Marble Arch Mound Domain provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you acknowledge that WCC may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by you and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to or infringe the privacy of other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, you agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and you must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
41. Tripods, drones and Monopods are not permitted within the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
42. Safety measures: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented specific safety measures across the Marble Arch Mound Domain in an effort to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of persons visiting and our employees. A full list of safety measures being taken at the Mound is available in the FAQ section of the website.
43. Visitor requirements: The safety measures put in place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic are there to safeguard the safety and well-being of all guests visiting the Mound. It is therefore in the interest of everyone at the Marble Arch Mound Domain to comply with the safety measures that have been put in place. Therefore, all persons are required to comply with COVID-19 measures in force within the Marble Arch Mound Domain at the time of their visit and should an individual not comply with the safety measures, WCC reserve the right to require that individual to leave the Marble Arch Mound Domain in accordance with these terms and conditions.
44. Acceptance of risk: The safety measures that have been introduced are intended to minimise the risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus but visitors accept that this risk cannot be completely eradicated. Therefore, anyone visiting the Marble Arch Mound Domain acknowledges that they do so at their own risk. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, visitors agree to indemnify and hold harmless WCC and its agents from any costs, expenses, loss, liability, damages or costs that may arise as the result of or in connection with contracting the COVID-19 virus or variants thereof whilst at or in contact with anyone at the Marble Arch Mound Domain.
45. Visitors are encouraged to wear face coverings whilst queuing to enter and during the security search process. except in the case of medical or other exemptions which are brought to the attention of staff members.
46. Any guests experiencing symptoms in line with COVID-19 are requested not to attend the Marble Arch Mound Domain and follow applicable government and health guidance.
47. If you are unable to attend on the date booked due to the need to self-isolate or because you have or suspect you have COVID-19, you may contact See Tickets who will assist in rebooking for an alternative date and time subject to availability. Visitors should contact at least 24 hrs in advance of the date/time of the ticket the customer service page on https://marblearchmound.seetickets.com/customerservice. Visitors are advised that any exchange would need to be made for all of the tickets purchased as part of a transaction and exchange of such tickets will be subject to availability.
48. As a part of the UK Government Track and Trace scheme, visitors are encouraged to use the NHS QR code at the Mound.
49. Under no circumstances will WCC, be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, which was not reasonably foreseeable at the time the Ticket was booked or which was not directly attributable to any act or omission of WCC.
50. Each of the provisions of these terms and conditions is distinct and severable from the others and if at any time one or more of such provisions is or becomes invalid, unlawful or unenforceable (whether wholly or to any extent), the validity, lawfulness and enforceability of the remaining provisions (or the same provision to any other extent) shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
51. WCC may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
52. Although WCC make reasonable efforts to update the information on its website, WCC make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
53. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any dispute.